Don’t know when to get a complete repiping or simple pipe repairs for your home? We get it. You’re a first-time homeowner who’s a greenhorn in these matters. Luckily, you’ve stumbled across this article while browsing. So today, you’ll find out what exactly you need before calling the best plumber services in Sante Fe.
In a Nutshell
Either choice depends on the symptoms your house is experiencing. Usually, these signify your pipes need a complete overhaul or simple repairs:
- Your pipes leak frequently.
- Your walls, floors, or ceilings have water stains.
- Your water bill shot up.
- Your water is rust-colored.
- Your water pressure has suddenly decreased.
However, do not base these clues solely on visual evidence. You’re going to need the best plumber services to get down to the nitty-gritty.
Genuine Reasons for Simple Pipe Repairs
Expert plumbers will tell you that the above five symptoms require only simple pipe repairs. Let’s examine them further:
- Your pipes leak frequently: Hearing a constant dripping in your toiletries or sinks means your pipes are leaky. While it is customary to hear that sound after using the amenities, continuous dripping means one or more of your pipes are damaged. It can even lead to more severe problems like
- Your walls, floors, or ceilings have water stains: A brownish tint on walls, ceilings, or even cracked flooring indicates leaks throughout your house. These can damage surfaces when left unattended.
- Your water bill shot up: If your water bills have suddenly spiked, it may be due to leaky plumbing. The first thing you can do to test this locates your water meter. Mark the indicator on the dial that indicates how many gallons of water you have used. Don’t use any water for two to three hours, then return and mark the dial again. If the dial has moved, you might have a leak in your plumbing.
- Your water is rust-colored: When tap water comes out a deep shade of brown, this indicates corrosion has already seeped through the pipe.
- Your water pressure has suddenly decreased: If the water pressure in your home has suddenly dropped, this could indicate that you have a leak in your pipes. Unfortunately, some leaks can be challenging to find if walls and floors obscure the lines. However, an experienced plumber can use innovative technology to find the source of the leak and provide you with a solution.
Genuine Reasons for Complete Repiping
While repiping does share all of the signs for a simple repair service, one symptom stands out even if it is the most oblivious to even seasoned homeowners.
- Your piping system is outdated: The most significant indicator for this is the home itself. Find out how old the house is, and you’ll have a pretty good idea of the plumbing’s age.
For example, if your home was built before 1970, it is likely to have pipes made of galvanized steel, copper, and other metals that have become outdated since then. You should also get a plumber to check your water lines if you have a home from before WWII, as they are likely in need of extensive repiping or are already repiped.
On the other end of history, some homes from the early 1990s also may need whole-home repiping; they were often constructed with polybutylene pipes, a resin prone to leaks and clogs.
The only way to determine which one you need is to hire the best plumber services. While many of the above symptoms are discernible, you’ll need a professional to take a closer look at what makes your pipes tick. Only then can they truly determine whether you need simple pipe repairs or a complete repiping of your home.
Contact Lobo Tech right now for the best plumber services in Sante Fe! With over 30 years of experience, our team strives to provide excellent service at affordable prices through our vast knowledge in plumbing and HVAC. Schedule an appointment with us today!